Contracting for Promptworks
At Promptworks we occasionally engage contractors when clients have needs that extend beyond our core areas of expertise, require more capacity that we have on staff, or require working arrangements that are a poor fit for our core team.
We are seeking to connect with experienced contractors for many areas, and primarily those who can work on-site with us or our clients in or around Philadelphia or New York City:
- Software Engineering (backend, front-end, mobile, databases, etc.)
- Data Science
- UX & UI design
- Quality assurance
- Branding, Marketing, Content & Writing
- Project management
- Product management & business consulting
We don’t always have needs in all these areas, but we like to connect with potential contractors ahead of time so we know who to reach out to when we have a need.
Skills & Experience
Every project & contact role requires different skills, but the common thread is that our contractors need to have deep knowledge and experience in their specialty. As a rule of thumb, our contractors should have at least 4 years of experience in the role they are filling for us. For any contract role at Promptworks your responsibilities would include:
- Producing top quality work product for our clients and providing them with direction
- Working well in a small team and independently when necessary
- Potentially participating in daily stand up and weekly planning & retrospective meetings
- Taking ownership of our work-product
- Interfacing directly with our clients, gathering their needs and managing their expectations
- Architecting, estimating and planning solutions to problems
Location & time requirements
While every project is different, most will require:
- between 1 and 3 on-site visits per week to our or our clients’ office in Philadelphia, New York City
- between 20 and 30 hours per week
All meetings happen between 9am and 5pm local time.
Promptworks is made up of people with many different backgrounds and lifestyles. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other difference.
Thanks for contacting us. We’ll be in touch soon.